It is the primary responsibility of the Painter to properly maintain the interior and exterior condition of the hotel to the highest paint and finish quality including remodels and preventative maintenance projects. All duties are to be performed in accordance with company, and department policies, practices and procedures.
Specific Job Functions:
- Use various paints (latex, oil, epoxy, and lacquers) and chemicals (acids, thinners, and reducers) for the assigned duties
- Prepare walls for the purpose of hanging wallpaper.
- Learn safety procedures to ensure proper operation of all equipment (respirators, safety glasses, gloves, and lifts)
- Color match paint and finishes as required for specific jobs
- Perform Faux finishes which include sponging, fogging, ragging, glazing, and graining as required per job
- Perform furniture refinishing tasks using water base and oil base products
- Tape and texture surfaces for specific jobs
- Spray paints and chemicals using airless sprayers and conventional equipment to perform specific jobs
- Have knowledge of automotive finishes
- Work on remodel and construction jobs from start to finish including all of the painting, wallpaper, and taping phases
- Conduct frequent inventory of materials and equipment to ensure there is adequate stock to perform specific jobs
- Be able to effectively communicate with management and co-workers
- Use proper radio etiquette and protocol
- Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department