It is the primary responsibility of the Executive Room Chef to oversee all food side operations of the food and beverage department including hiring, scheduling, ordering, food quality and preparation. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures.
Specific Job Functions:
· Oversee Food and Kitchen operations
· Establish operating policies and staff schedules for the operation of kitchens to achieve maximum service at desired profit levels
· Maintain effective food cost, labor costs, budgets, forecasts and marketing policies to achieve profit objectives and desired standards
· Order food products through Food and Beverage Buyer and Warehouse Supervisor
· Maintain close supervision with daily monitoring of all food outlets and staff, food quality, production, product and presentation
· Attend meetings for in-house functions, food design and menu development
· Handle employee relation issues, paperwork consisting of records, disciplinary situations and commendations
· Complete forms, write memos, administrator company and departmental rules
· Train management staff on the technique of property expectation of culinary skills
· Interact with upper executives on miscellaneous issues
· Oversee menus for outside banquet functions and food shows
· Recruit staff for chefs
· Achieve service, financial, and Human Resource goals set forth by the property executives
· Perform all duties deemed necessary for the success of the department.