It is the primary responsibility of the Restaurant Relief Manager to oversee all restaurant operations. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures.
Specific Job Functions:
- Create and maintain a work environment which promotes teamwork, performance, feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
- Ensure departmental practices are compliant with company policies and legal requirements.
- Maintain performance records and payroll time log sheets
- Recommend menu changes and price changes to provide the department with a profit
- Assure all restaurant policies and procedures are followed in order to provide outstanding service to all guests
- Perform all subordinate functions in the absence of staff
- Maintain awareness of employee performance records as well as food, beverage and labor costs
- Assist the Food and Beverage Director with cost accounting and reviewing expenditures versus revenues as it relates to designated restaurant.
- Calculate the daily volume of business reports and prepare Manager on Duty reports for assigned restaurants
- Develop systems for employee feedback, incentive programs and participation in restaurant decisions
- Schedule daily food service meetings in order to update and ensure correct execution of restaurant policies and procedures before the start of shift
- Develop strategies for increasing sales and profitability within management scope
- Effectively develop and mentor staff and hourly employees to ensure all departmental standards and goals are understood and met
- Develop marketing plans to obtain long and short-term goals
- Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department