It is the primary responsibility of the Parking Attendant to greet guests using valet parking, welcome visitors to the property, assist guests with directions or luggage and wish guests a good day. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices and procedures.
Specific Job Functions:
· Guide guests/visitors into valet parking by greeting them at the entry point for valet parking.
· Protect the company by noting any prior damage to the vehicle on the claim check.
· Park or retrieve guests/visitors vehicles in a timely manner ensuring the utmost in vehicle safety.
· Serve as ambassadors of the property by being the first point of guest contact.
· Open doors of arriving guests/visitors and greet them with the proper salutation.
· Write a legible claim check for the guest, noting any prior damage to the vehicle on the ticket.
· Give accurate directions to guests/visitors when necessary.
· Stand at the Valet Podium taking tickets from guests/visitors who are retrieving their vehicle.
· Verify with guests if they are checking-in while inquiring if bell assistance is needed.
· Maintain a positive attitude in extreme weather conditions of cold or very hot temperatures.
· Memorize company executives and repeat customers’ names and types of vehicles they drive.
· Perform all duties deemed necessary for the success of the department.