Responsible to learn and diligently execute all rigging show tracks, perform daytime maintenance / inspections and operate the flying winch for aerial flying acts in the Mystère Showroom. He/she must also be willing to support the technical needs of all other stage departments at Mystère.
Specific Job Functions:
- Assemble, construct, maintain and operate all rigging equipment for artist's acrobatic activities as needed for training, special events, rehearsals and performances.
- Learn and operate rigging cues during performances.
- Assist with the rigging of overhead stage equipment including lighting, sound, automation, scenery and props during rehearsals and performances.
- Work as a team member in the Rigging Department and in collaboration with Carpentry, Properties, Electrics, Sound, Automation, Wardrobe and Stage Management.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all rigging equipment specific to Mystère in order to operate and maintain mechanized and manual rigging equipment safely.
- Assist with the establishment of a safe working environment at all times and conform to all safety standards.
- Support the rotation of work schedules for work calls, training, maintenance and performances.
- Participate in the regular inspection of all installations.
- Support the artists at all times by assisting and guiding their interactions with all scenery and prop elements.
- Support the creative team with patience and understanding.
- Perform other tasks as assigned to you by the Head Rigger.