It is the primary responsibility of the Assistant Security Shift Manager to assist the Security Shift Manager in the operation of all duties pertaining to the department and to train and motivate the Security Officers. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures.
Specific Job Functions:
· Verify shift personnel are clocked in and ready to work and clocked out at the end of the shift.
· Read and respond to all emails prior to the beginning of the shift.
· Coordinate any operations not completed with the outgoing shift.
· Confirm all special assignments are being worked on and completed.
· Motivate and train security officers to expand their knowledge.
· Answer staff questions and concerns as they pertain to the security department.
· Walk and monitor the casino floor to confirm security staff is manning their respective posts.
· Review all reports prior to the end of shift.
· Confirm all equipment is accounted for prior to the end of each shift.
· Teach new hire training classes when needed.
· Perform the functions of the Security Shift Manager when needed.
· Brief management on all information provided by the security officers.
· Drive / operate company vehicles, trucks, and motorized carts to respond to incidents on and off property
· Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department.